**$8,000 Sign on bonus for eligible candidates!**
**Relocation assistance available**
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington is seeking a CT Technologist for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Evening position. This position will work Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, 11:00 AM to 11:30 PM. Compensation starts at $37.85 per hour, more depending on experience. And PeaceHealth offers outstanding benefits!
Performs all routine and specialized CT procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information.
Details about the position:
- Prepare, supply, and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Operates CT scanner for data acquisition, reconstruction, and documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self patient, and visitor. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
- Performs interventional procedures applying knowledge of equipment, supplies, and AORN standards.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers’ scope of practice, training, experience, and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program required.
- Minimum of one year previous experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development, and life stages to meet each patient’s need
- Demonstrated venipuncture competency
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
- EPIC RIS, FUJI and IntelliSpace PACS experience is preferred.
- ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist is required (Advanced ARRT (CT) certification is required within one year of hire).
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to work with basic office equipment such as telephones, copier, facsimiles, computers, etc
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
About the community:
Located minutes from downtown Portland is Vancouver, a robust city with over 174,000 residents. You will be in a community voted as the most friendly walking & bicycling city in the United States! The city is known for its naturally beautiful scenery, abundant outdoor recreation, diverse cuisine, art walks, contemporary boutiques, and a vibrant farmers market- all nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Mountains. Vancouver’s new 7.3-acre waterfront park features shopping, fine dining, housing units, water sports access, parks, and a 90 cable pier overlooking the Columbia River. Sports fanatic? Cheer for professional football, basketball, soccer, and baseball organizations. And many flagship universities are just a quick drive away!
For a full description of this position or for questions, contact Andrea, [email protected]
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.