PeaceHealth is seeking a Food Service Assistant - Nutrition Services for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $15.93, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of tasks which includes preparation, service, clean-up and delivery of food products in support of hospital food and catering service operations using HACCP guidelines for safe food handling.
- Prepare, mix, assemble, portion, serve, and store food following applicable guidelines.
- Operate dish machine, wash pots and perform heavy cleaning duties following safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Transport equipment, food, supplies and trash as directed.
- May act as cafeteria cashier/running the cash register.
- Follow guidelines for assigned station set-up and clean-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one-year previous work experience preferred. Retail food service experience preferred.
- Valid Food Handlers Card.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and sanitation.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to effectively and safely perform the functions of this role.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
St. Joseph Medical Center:
- May take electronic meal orders from patients in person and over the phone using an electronic table and associated software that specifies patient’s specific dietary options.
- Delivers and retrieves patient trays. Rounds with the patient to ensure their experience was satisfactory.
- Delivers snacks, nourishments and tube feeding to patient care units.
- Additional Training
- May be expected to pass electronic tablet competency testing within orientation period
- May be expected to pass competency testing on basic nutrition and special diet orders within the orientation period.
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work may require moderate physical exertion more than 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.