PeaceHealth is seeking a Sterile Processing Technician Lead for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Evening position. Hourly compensation starts at $26.44, more depending on experience.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert. Responsible to practice in a professional manner and enforcing the standards of quality assurance, infection control, DNV and other regulatory agencies.
Details of the Position:
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Responsible for the coordination, assembly and distribution of supplies, equipment and instruments for surgical cases.
- Provides in-services for new instrumentation.
- Assists and participates in process improvement initiatives, responsible for documenting, monitoring and maintaining accurate records demonstrating high level disinfection and sterilization in accordance with current professional and regulatory agencies.
- Collaborates with the Perioperative Nursing staff to provide sterile instrument sets, and equipment in an accurate and timely manner. Assists in maintaining consistent and continuous work flow, providing superior customer service.
- Re-stocking inventory.
- Cleaning, decontaminating, disassembling and sterilizing instruments and supplies.
- Operate a variety of sterilization equipment.
- Clean and maintain department equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in a Sterile Processing setting required, with experience in all surgical specialties. Completion of a National Central Service Technician course preferred
- Experience with Neuro, Ortho, and General Surgical instrumentation.
- Certification from IAHCSMM, as a Certified Registered Central Service Tech (CRCST), or certification from CBSPD as a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Tech (CSPDT) or other nationally recognized certifying body required.
- Certification from IAHSCMM as a Certified Instrumentation Specialist (CIS) required.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications in English required.
- Familiarity and experience in the following areas:
- Understanding/knowledge of workflow principles and infection control.
- Application of sterilization principles and operate steam sterilizers.
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation including surgical specialties.
- Knowledge of patient care equipment and its use.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Melissa, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.