PeaceHealth is seeking a Respiratory Therapist for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $30.75, more depending on experience.All per diem employees must make themselves available inclusive of full shifts. Per diems provide coverage on an as needed basis and to remain in an employed status must be available a minimum of eight (8) shifts per schedule cycle inclusive of two (2) weekend shifts. Per diems must be available 1 holiday a year. Per Diem availability shall be due three (3) weeks prior to the posting of the schedule.
Spotlight on Springfield: CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
Springfield is in the Willamette Valley nestled between two rivers. Just two hours or less to Portland, OR, the Oregon Coast and high desert, there are ample opportunities for outdoor activities such as: camping, hiking, biking, fishing, rafting and winter sports.
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Riverbend is a State-of-the-art tertiary, Level II Trauma Center and our team of 85+ Respiratory Therapists at Sacred Heart Riverbend work on clinical floors and pediatrics.
There are additional opportunities to work in:
- 44+ bed Adult Intensive Care,
- 36 bed Neonatal Intensive Care
- Neonatal Transport team, Pulmonary Function Lab
- 40+ bed Emergency Department and 20 bed Clinical Decision Unit
- Diagnostic Bronchoscopy
- Cross training to our 104-bed sister hospital University District.
We have a very active Caregiver Action Committee and collaborate with other disciplines and medical directors to provide evidence-based care for our patients.
Cares for the Cardio-Pulmonary needs of all assigned patients, from those who are undergoing routine diagnostic procedures to those requiring more complex critical care support, intervention, and transport support, as applicable to care setting. The work requires a team focus working collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team aimed toward the best outcome for the patient and organization.
Details of the position:
- Provides respiratory care to include diagnostic testing, oxygen and medication delivery, bronchial hygiene, arterial/capillary blood gas draw and analysis, advanced airway and life support.
- Patient assessment including the ability to monitor labs, hemodynamics and radiology findings. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates individual patient care appropriate to the age of the patients.
- Calibrates, cleans, sets up, maintains and troubleshoots all patient related equipment and instruments. Assembles and stores cleaned equipment.
- Participates in in-house educational in-services inter and intradepartmental as well as attending outside seminars and workshops, as requested by Manager.
- Participates in various intermittent department tasks including, but not limited to, audits, quality assurance, statistical record keeping, patient charting and other special projects as specified by Manager.
- Additional Essential Functions of RTs in Hospital (inpatient):
- May act as a member of trauma, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and rapid response teams.
- Responsible for ventilator and Non-invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation (NPPV) management including ensuring safe, evidence-based setting with appropriate changes.
- May become trained as a core therapist in an ICU or diagnostics area (e.g., PFT or Sleep Lab) to meet department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduate of 2-year AMA-approved Respiratory Care Program; or approved alternative education as outlined in the state regulatory requirements.
- Must pass the NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapist exam within 6 months of hire. (Not applicable to PeaceHealth Southwest Clinic setting).
- Must maintain a current Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license in the state of practice.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Must maintain all certifications, competencies and licensure as required by the department or as regulated by state or federal agencies.
- Sleep Center: RPSGT certification required within 2 years of hire.
- ACLS required at time of hire.
- NRP certification must be obtained within 6 months from date of hire or transfer.
- PALS certification must be obtained within 6 months from date of hire or transfer.
- RRT required at time of hire, if applicant has been graduated from program longer than 1 year.
- Temporary licensure acceptable for new hires. Must obtain permanent licensure before expiration of temporary license. Temporary license is valid for 6 months and may not be renewed.
- Follow requirements of OAR 331 Division 30
- Employment is contingent upon applicant obtaining permanent licensure.
- Minimum of two years of experience in acute care as a Respiratory Therapist is preferred.
- Experience in ICU, Pediatrics, or Obstetrics preferred.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
For a full description or questions about the position, contact Purneet, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.