PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Care Coordinator - Hospice for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $39.99, more depending on experience.
In addition to a competitive hourly wage and excellent benefits PeaceHealth offers a supportive and inclusive work environment with an emphasis on life balance.
In addition to a competitive hourly wage and excellent benefits at PeaceHealth, a hiring bonus and relocation assistance may be available.
In collaboration with the manager, this position is responsible for facilitating the uninterrupted continuing medical care of the patient by efficiently and appropriately coordinating services and resources necessary for the care of patients in Home Health, Hospice or Home Infusion. This position provides oversight to all aspects of patient onboarding, facilitates accurate and efficient patient care planning and collaborates with the manager and care team to develop and deliver clinical education to staff. This position also makes patient visits, supporting patient care by performing urgent start of care visits.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Assist clinical staff with onboarding of patients, including detailed evaluations of patient needs, triage of referrals, Home Health/hospice focus and case load capacities. Assess multidisciplinary care needs and initiate facilitation, coordination and collaboration within the multidisciplinary team to meet patient, agency and regulatory objectives. Promote timely onboarding of patients through effective communication with case managers and staffers. Facilitate communication with physicians and other members of the healthcare team to assure seamless quality patient care/services across the care continuum.
- Evaluate patient care plans for regulatory compliance, skilled need and documentation and assist staff with development of patient specific care plans, including skilled and non-skilled orders, measurable and finite patient directed goals/outcomes/ and realistic/appropriate discharge plan. Facilitate inter/multidisciplinary case conferences, coordinating focus of care per diagnosis and agency initiatives. In collaboration with manager/supervisor, plan and implement clinical training based on indicated need.
- Coordinate clinical services and facilitate scheduling of patient care services/visits based on the assessed clinical needs of the patient, regulatory guidelines and outcome driven metrics.
- In collaboration with manager and supervisor, support clinical education as directed for Home Health/Hospice care. Assist in the development of clinical training tools and resources. Support new hire orientation and education, skill development, accurate documentation, case management and the care planning process.
- As part of on-going discharge planning and care coordination, evaluate interventions and outcome of patient care, identify barriers to positive outcomes and, in collaboration with manager/supervisor, implement actions and education to support realization of care objection and quality outcomes.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Bachelor of Nursing within 36 months from the start date of the role is required.
- A minimum of five years clinical experience and two years home health/hospice/home infusion experience required.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state in which nurse will be practicing required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required at time of hire.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please contact Brian Hottel; [email protected]
To learn more about the PeaceHealth story visit: https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5595
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.