PeaceHealth is seeking a Program Coordinator Activities TCU LTC for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $24.84, more depending on experience.
Assess, plan, implement, direct and evaluate a comprehensive recreational therapy program for the residents of Long Term Care Unit. Work collaboratively with professional care team (RN’s, Therapists, Social Workers, Dieticians, etc.) to develop and implement individual care plans and goals of individual residents.
Details of the Position:
- Assess, plan and perform or make arrangements for activities and programs for individual recreational therapy needs within established timeframes and plans programs with identified goals.
- Work collaboratively with professional care team (DON, RN’s, Therapists, Social Workers, Dieticians, etc.) to develop and implement individual care plans and goals of individual residents.
- Measure and document performance status and other findings as appropriate.
- Direct and/or assist unit staff and/or volunteers in carrying out planned activities and programs.
- Plans and coordinates the recreational therapy program by organizing events which reflect recreational, social, religious, cultural, and seasonal needs by meeting with community groups and services, providing instruction to residents for special projects and/or by encouraging individual resident participation.
- Participates in systematic process for monitoring and evaluating the quality and appropriateness of resident recreation therapy and for resolving identified problems.
- Document client participation, progress and changes in condition weekly and as needed.
- Work collaboratively to ensure successful delivery of daily programming for all clients, by assisting with mobility, nutrition and personal care as available. Participates in weekly multi-disciplinary team meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Therapy, Social Services, Physical Education or Health and Leisure Studies; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
- Continuing education to maintain current knowledge and skills.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years, 1 of which was full time in a patient activities program in a health care setting.
- Experience in elder health care setting is preferred.
- Certified Nursing Assistant experience and license is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply age-specific principles of growth, development and life stages to meet each resident’s needs for therapy.
- Current Driver’s License in state of hire is required.
- Certified by National Certification Council for Activity Professionals as an Activity Director is required at time of hire or completed within 24 months of hire (progress toward certification must be demonstrated annually).
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills to effectively work with all patients, families, external customers and caregivers
- Responsive to special needs and demands in a respectful and compassionate manner
- Ability to positively problem-solve and collaborate using an interdisciplinary approach
- Ability to apply safe transfer and ambulation techniques
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Melissa, [email protected].
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.