PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager, Development Grant Funding in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
Based in Vancouver, Washington, we are a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon and Alaska. We have approximately 16,000 caregivers, a medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers, and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities.
Responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive program that will include Federal, State, local, and corporate grant funding for PeaceHealth. Position will also have primary responsibility and accountability for the strategic coordination of all grants for the Foundations in PeaceHealth. This position supervises grant staff.
Details of the Position:
- Provides over-all long term and short-term strategic direction for PeaceHealth’s Foundations’ grants program.
- Develops measurable program goals and objectives for the grants program. In conjunction with local foundation leaders, establishes annual revenue goals, oversees the grant proposal and budget development submission for foundations within PeaceHealth.
- Develops annual business plans and presents them to Foundations leadership and the Philanthropy Leadership Council.
- Supervises, mentors and evaluates the grants staff.
- Establishes long-term partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with the corporate and foundation sector, as well as key communities that will result in funding for the immediate and long-term goals of the organization (private and public)
- Develops private and governmental grant proposals for community health programs, capital projects and service line projects for PeaceHealth.
- Identifies major corporations and foundations for six and seven figure dollar solicitations and partner with other fundraising staff in the cultivation and solicitation of these prospects.
- Conducts corporate and foundation prospect research, including the Federal Registry, grant-oriented publications and directories, and the utilization of the Internet and the World Wide Web. Develops and maintains prospect files, operating procedure manuals and history files for all foundation and corporation activities.
- Ensures that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful partnerships by maintaining detailed records of solicitation activities.
- In conjunction with local caregivers, monitors all grants for program and fiscal compliance.
- Provides status reports to the local foundation executives and leadership on progress and financial results as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, non-profit management, fundraising, communications or related field required.
- Certified as a Fund Raising Executive (CFRE)-preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of development experience with experience leading multi-million-dollar annual grant fundraising efforts in a mission driven organization
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience
- Skill at managing a multi-unit, complex environment, resulting in significant improved development performance and growth
- Experience with corporate and foundation giving solicitations, including the design and execution of identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies
- Ability to lead and manage a team who reside in multiple localities
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Entrepreneurial team player who has a commitment to and passion for the mission of PeaceHealth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and develop strategic plans
- Professional and collegial demeanor and ability to exercise diplomacy
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work with volunteers
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of fundraising software.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Beth, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.