***Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance May Be Available*** *** We Welcome New Grads!***
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington is seeking a Radiology Technologist for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $27.88 - $49.94; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position will be scheduled Wednesdays through Saturdays, 7:30 AM-6:00 PM.
Prepares for and performs standard x-ray examinations and may perform fluoroscopic procedures. Performs portable examinations and may perform surgical x-ray procedures. Utilizes proper positioning and selection of appropriate technical factors using various radiographic equipment to obtain optimal results.
Details about the position:
- Prepare, supply, and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Performs x-ray examinations applying appropriate infection control and radiation safety measures.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self-patient, and visitor. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
- May perform surgical x-ray examinations, will utilize appropriate radiation safety measures and adhering to AORN standards.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers’ scope of practice, training, experience and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program required.
- Minimum of one year of experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development, and life stages to meet each patient’s need
- Demonstrated venipuncture competency
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
- ImageCast/CareCast experience is preferred.
- ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist is required.
- Recent graduates within 30 days of graduation from an accredited Radiologic Technology Program may work when ARRT eligible. ARRT (R) certification is required within 3 months of hire
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State (recent graduates may work under WA Temporary X-Ray Technician license-limited scope, pending ARRT certification).
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
For a full description of this position or for questions, contact Andrea, [email protected].
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.