PeaceHealth is seeking a Respiratory Therapist for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $31.52, more depending on experience. This position is for a 2:30pm-03:00am shift.
***$8,000.00 Sign-On Bonus!***Relocation Assistance Available!***
Come join our team of Respiratory Therapists in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!
Spotlight on Longview, WA: CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
Recently named one of Forbes Magazine’s prettiest American cities and a Tree City USA, is Longview Washington, an ideal location on the Columbia River and next to beautiful forests is just 40 miles north of Portland, Oregon, 2 hours south of Seattle, and a short drive to the beautiful Pacific coastline and year-round adventures on Mt Hood, Mt Rainier, Mt St Helens and Mt Adams. Here and in the other Lower Columbia communities served by PeaceHealth, you can enjoy the familiarity of small-town life, the challenge of working in a first-class regional medical facility, and the fun of living close to the beach, close to the mountains, and close to the big-city attractions.
PeaceHealth's community of health care professionals in southwest Washington includes St. John Medical Center, a 193-bed acute-care hospital and Level III Trauma Center, and PeaceHealth Medical Group, a group of primary care and specialty physicians with clinics in the Longview area.
Cares for the Cardio-Pulmonary needs of all assigned patients, from those who are undergoing routine diagnostic procedures to those requiring more complex critical care support, intervention, and transport support, as applicable to care setting. The work requires a team focus working collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team aimed toward the best outcome for the patient and organization.
- Provides respiratory care to include diagnostic testing, oxygen and medication delivery, bronchial hygiene, arterial/capillary blood gas draw and analysis, advanced airway, and life support.
- Patient assessment including the ability to monitor labs, hemodynamics, and radiology findings. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates individual patient care appropriate to the age of the patients.
- Calibrates, cleans, sets up, maintains, and troubleshoots all patient related equipment and instruments. Assembles and stores cleaned equipment.
- Participates in in-house educational in-services inter and intradepartmental as well as attending outside seminars and workshops, as requested by Manager.
- Participates in various intermittent department tasks including; audits, quality assurance, statistical record keeping, patient charting and other special projects as specified by Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you Bring:
- Graduate of 2-year AMA-approved Respiratory Care Program; or approved alternative education as outlined in the state regulatory requirements.
- Must pass the NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapist exam within 6 months of hire. (Not applicable to PeaceHealth Southwest Clinic setting).
- Must maintain a current Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license in the state of practice.
- Washington caregivers who were employed as of 6/29/2014 that are licensed RCP but are not registry eligible due to the educational requirement (e.g. began working as a respiratory therapist when a 2-year degree was not required/available) will be grandfathered for this requirement.
- Must maintain RRT certification (e.g. CEU’s, etc.); exceptions for RCP’s noted above.
- Please note may obtain within 6 months of hire to obtain it, per language above under Education section allowing 6 months from date of hire to pass the RRT exam.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Must maintain all certifications, competencies and licensure as required by the department or as regulated by state or federal agencies.
Hospital or Sleep Center setting:
- Minimum of two years of experience in acute care as a Respiratory Therapist is preferred.
- Experience in ICU, Pediatrics, or Obstetrics preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a pulmonary function lab preferred.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Additional Essential Functions of RTs in Hospital (inpatient):
- May act as a member of trauma, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and rapid response teams.
- Responsible for ventilator and Non-invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation (NPPV) management including ensuring safe, evidence-based setting with appropriate changes.
- May become trained as a core therapist in an ICU or diagnostics area (e.g. PFT or Sleep Lab) to meet department needs.
St John Medical Center:
- ACLS – must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- NRP certification – must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- PALS - must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, contact Purneet, [email protected]
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.