PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Care Coordinator Inpatient - Care Management for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $37.85, more depending on experience.
Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance may be available.
Coordinates and oversees the plan of care and service of selected outpatient populations across the continuum of illness, promote effective utilization and monitoring of health care resources, and assumes a leadership role with the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal clinical, financial, and satisfaction of outcomes.
- Reviews all patient admission data within the designated time frames to determine the suitability of the level of care in accordance with hospital-sanctioned ISDA criteria and/or other established criteria for other settings across the continuum of care.
- Assesses, develops, implements and monitors a comprehensive plan of care through an interdisciplinary team process in conjunction with the patient and family in internal and external settings.
- Comprehensively assesses patients’ goals as well as their biophysical, psychosocial, environmental and discharge planning needs and financial status.
- Identifies key problems, strengths and resources to be addressed in the plan of care which may include: over or underutilization of services, need for specific service to improve health status, caregiver fatigue and burden, knowledge deficits and inability to comply with the plan of treatment.
- Communicates the utilization assessments needed to justify continued hospitalization and to obtain procedure for pre-certification.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Minimum of three years of clinical nursing experience in an acute care hospital required
- Utilization management/quality management experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Interpersonal skills to obtain and interpret information appropriate to patients’ needs and age as required for assessment range of treatment, and patient care.
- Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts, and techniques. Such proficiency is usually acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree in nursing; any equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
- Effective prioritization skills
PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 10 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids on average of once per month or more.
- Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR).
- Requires the use of a N-95 mask.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Melissa, [email protected].
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.