PeaceHealth is seeking a Full-Time RN Manager Triage in Primary Care.
This position is a day shift, variable hour position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Eugene, Oregon ranked 9th on the Livability Top 100 Best Places to Live. Come experience the wide array of restaurants, visit the fermentation district, and entertainment venues that make Eugene a true urban playground. Eugene boasts cultural amenities typical of larger cities, from the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art to the world-famous Oregon Bach Festival. Eugene is home to the University of Oregon Ducks! Historic Hayward field will host the Olympic Trials in 2021, NCAA Track & Field Championships, and the World Athletics Championships in 2022. The area offers outdoor produce markets, abundant parks, camping, hiking, wine tasting, and natural beauty. It truly is a place to experience and love!
PeaceHealth offers outstanding Benefits!
Responsible for direct oversight, initial and ongoing competency verification, and resource management for nursing triage according to professional nursing practice standards to support clinical operational functions. Continually improves service and clinical nursing operations to ensure safe, reliable and high-quality care and patient experiences are provided. Ensures clinical support services are coordinated with MDs/DOs and APCs in Primary Care and facilitates an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach in the delivery of care and programs. Achieves annual clinical and operational goals and manages nursing supervisors, leads, and caregivers across the Oregon Network and other assigned staff.
Details of the Position:
- Partners with physicians and senior clinic leadership to lead nurse triage operations to ensure overall success of area/site. Engages staff, providers, and leadership in developing and implementing action plans to meet annual operating goals that are aligned with the strategic plan and to resolve clinical issues in a timely manner.
- Analyzes, organizes and manages clinical nursing triage operations for Primary Care, including multiple sites across Eugene, Springfield, Cottage Grove and Florence.
- Provides oversight over daily nursing triage operations and is responsible for managing and overseeing the delivery of exceptional and compassionate care to all patients within area(s) of responsibility.
- Demonstrates accountability and provides oversight of assigned area(s) including clinical and operational performance; service excellence; budget development and management staffing; and talent/performance management. Engages appropriate stakeholders in the review and dissemination of area financial and productivity performance.
- Manages the selection, training, coaching, mentoring, development, and evaluation of assigned staff. Full employment authority.
- Provides first line response to assigned staff issues (behavioral and clinical). Responsible for problem resolution in collaboration with lead physicians and/or Clinical Director as necessary.
- Leads and manages strategic initiatives and programs in identified service lines. Provides solutions and strategic direction for addressing business operational issues.
- Participates in planning and implementation of new or acquired service and business ventures.
- Leads and manages process improvement initiatives. Analyzes situations, identifies problems, identifies, and evaluates alternative courses of action and implements improvement plans through utilization of Quality Improvement (QI) and Process Improvement (PI) principles.
- Demonstrates emphasis on inspiring caregivers and improving quality of staff, systems, and environment to ensure high quality care and service.
- Ensures legal and regulatory standards, as well as clinical and department policies and procedures are implemented and monitored.
- If clinic size does not support a Supervisor - Clinic Operations, responsibilities also include those listed in the job profile for the Supervisor – Clinic Operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum five years of nursing experience, with a preference of experience in the outpatient setting.
- Minimum two years of progressively responsible leadership experience including supervisor level or equivalent healthcare management experience.
- Previous experience working with clinical teams and physician groups to reach consensus highly preferred.
- Experience in process improvement methodology preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state of practice required.
- Strong problem solving, decision making, team building, process improvement, leadership and time management skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent critical thinking skills are required.
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications.
- Embraces and promotes teamwork.
- Knowledge of an experience with continuous improvement techniques and methodologies.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
- Will be expected to work Oregon Network-wide (Eugene/Springfield, Cottage Grove, Florence) to unite ambulatory nursing professional practice standards and productivity in Primary Care nursing triage.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Maureen, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.