PeaceHealth is seeking a System Director Spiritual Care/Mission for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for the development, implementation and administration of services and programs that promote the integration of the mission and values of PeaceHealth into the day-to-day business operations. Directs, leads, integrates and evaluates the spiritual care services of PeaceHealth. Collaborates with others in the development of new ministries to promote healthy communities and advance advocacy agenda at the local levels. Works collaboratively within the leadership team, as well as with key external stakeholders, to define service, operational and financial goals. Responsible for the development of effective service strategies. Capitalizes on future opportunities to meet the needs of our patient population.
- Designs and oversees the process of developing dynamic mission related programs that support healthy communities.
- Leads integrates Spirituality into the formation processes for leadership across PeaceHealth in collaboration with ethics, mission Integration and the people and culture division.
- Provides leadership for the integration of excellent spiritual care, including the engagement of leaders, caregivers and local churches in the health care ministry for the continuum of care.
- Leads integration and cultivation of spirituality in the workplace and the continuum of care. Promotes respect for the individual spiritual preferences of patient, families and staff.
- Collaborates in the management and leadership of the organization as it pertains to Mission Services; participate in strategic planning/budget process.
- Collaborate with mission integration leaders to facilitate the integration of mission and values to all areas of PeaceHealth, including networks, medical group, and System Services, including operational support for the mission and values review.
- Collaborates with Human Resources on program development and support for caregiver engagement to ensure communications connect with PeaceHealth’s Mission and Core Values.
- Provides direction and coordination of resources for the mission team, communicating an inspiring consistency with PH mission and organizational goals. Sets high performance standards consistent with the PH leadership model to provide compassionate service.
- In collaboration with the Mission Leadership team, ensures logistical support for departmental education, continuous quality improvement, planning and operational support with policies and shared processes.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to provide orientation and in-service programs for caregivers, providers, leaders and new entities regarding the mission and values of PeaceHealth.
- Develops and maintains collegial network and relationships with the local faith communities. Participates and communicates with them and other agencies providing care to promote advocacy on behalf of poor and vulnerable.
- Assess trends, developments and regulatory requirements impacting matters within designated scope of authority.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s degree in theology or related field is preferred.
- Clinical Pastoral Education preferred
- Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible health care management experience related to spiritual care.
- Experience working with Catholic Healthcare Ethical and Religious Directives.
- Previous Pastoral Spiritual Care experience preferred.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: OTHER SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of clinical and organization ethics in a health care setting
- Ability to convey information effectively in verbal and written communication, and through group/business presentations and meetings.
- Ability to work effectively with groups and in a complex and matrixed organizational structure
- MS office skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by the duties of the position.
- Ability to strategize, develop and evaluate business plans, initiatives, standards, budgets, and policies/procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles, standards and guidelines relating to pastoral intervention and clinical bio-ethics and related case reviews, policies and education.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.