PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Medical Staff Services for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides administrative and managerial support to the Medical Staff organization and serve as a resource to and support to the Medical Staff leadership. Serves as a liaison and promote/maintain positive and collaborative rapport and effective communications between the Medical Staff, Administration, and the PeaceHealth organization. Monitors compliance with regulatory agencies standards, and Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and regulations. Assures the efficient operation of Medical Staff Services including continuing medical education, institutional review functions, and provider/payor credentialing. Researches, develops and implements necessary systems addressing Medical Staff and organization needs.
- Manages the daily activities of Medical Staff Services including credentialing, appointment proctoring and reappointment and ensures high quality services. Assists/counsels Chief of Staff with ongoing issues.
- Assures compliance with JCAHO and regulatory standards and participate in JCAHO survey process.
- Develops and maintains teamwork essential for the effective and efficient operation of the department; organize and manage work-flow through supervision of support staff.
- Develops and implements physician orientation programs for new and staff leaders and staff membership. Develops and supports Medical Education programs to meet physician needs.
- Anticipates future needs and develops departmental budget and manage in fiscally responsible manner.
- Supports the Medical Staff Officers and Leadership in carrying out their duties.
- Serves as liaison between Administrative/Hospital staff and Medical Staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Four years experience as MS Coordinator/Manager in a large acute care healthcare facility
- Previous management/supervisory experience required - Multi-hospital oversight preferred
- Demonstrated ability in problem-solving and decision-making
- Experience with credentialing software systems
- CPMSM and/or CPCS required.
- Management skills to facilitate compliance with JCAHO (The Joint Commission) standards and other regulatory agencies
- Demonstrated ability to work with physicians and all levels of management and public, sensitive personalities and confidential data
- Ability to prioritize workload, to work independently and delegate effectively
- Must be detail oriented and well organized.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.