PeaceHealth is seeking a Mental Health Associate - Psychiatric Unit for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.63, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Delivers services under the direct supervision of a Qualified Mental Health Professional.
- Maintains familiarity with each client’s assessment, behavior/care plan, and treatment plan to ensure 1:1 and group activities continue to serve therapeutic function.
- Helps with ongoing behavioral intervention/management on the unit including assisting care staff with difficult situations, preventative measures, and environmental issues.
- Participates in treatment team meetings and scheduled in-service trainings.
- Provides skills training to clients, assist them in gaining aid and entitlements, and provides medication monitoring (not applicable in all communities).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Services or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience that gives the caregiver the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
- State Registration or Licensure as required by Region.
- Minimum of one year of experience working in the Human Services or related field.
- Adaptability to rapid change.
- Ability to assist clients in picking up their medications.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Washington State Agency Affiliated Counselor license required. Candidate must apply for license within 7 days of hire and attain the license within 60 days.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.