PeaceHealth is seeking a Respiratory Therapist for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $31.28, more depending on experience.
***Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance may be available.***
Come join our team of Respiratory Therapists in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!
Spotlight on Vancouver, WA: CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
Vancouver, Washington – look any direction and the scenery is astounding! Snow-capped mountains, nationally protected evergreen forests, the waterfall-laced Columbia River gorge, and rugged Pacific-coast beaches – all within a short 90-minute drive. The northwest is a dream come true for outdoor enthusiasts. And against that magnificent backdrop, Vancouver and neighboring Portland, Oregon offer all the best amenities of city living. What makes our area so special? A thriving arts scene, varied professional sports teams, unique neighborhoods, and a wealth of diverse culinary destinations.
PeaceHealth’s community of health care professionals in the Vancouver area include PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center, a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital with complete services, and PeaceHealth Medical Group, a multi-specialty group serving communities throughout Clark County.
Cares for the Cardio-Pulmonary needs of all assigned patients, from those who are undergoing routine diagnostic procedures to those requiring more complex critical care support, intervention, and transport support, as applicable to care setting. The work requires a team focus working collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team aimed toward the best outcome for the patient and organization.
Details of the position:
- Provides respiratory care to include diagnostic testing, oxygen and medication delivery, bronchial hygiene, arterial/capillary blood gas draw and analysis, advanced airway, and life support.
- Patient assessment including the ability to monitor labs, hemodynamics, and radiology findings. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates individual patient care appropriate to the age of the patients.
- Calibrates, cleans, sets up, maintains, and troubleshoots all patient related equipment and instruments. Assembles and stores cleaned equipment.
- Participates in in-house educational in-services inter and intradepartmental as well as attending outside seminars and workshops, as requested by Manager.
- Participates in various intermittent department tasks including; audits, quality assurance, statistical record keeping, patient charting and other special projects as specified by Manager.
- May act as a member of trauma, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and rapid response teams.
- Responsible for ventilator and Non-invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation (NPPV) management including ensuring safe, evidence-based setting with appropriate changes.
- May become trained as a core therapist in an ICU or diagnostics area (e.g. PFT or Sleep Lab) to meet department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
- Graduate of 2-year AMA-approved Respiratory Care Program; or approved alternative education as outlined in the state regulatory requirements.
- Must pass the NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapist exam within 6 months of hire. (Not applicable to PeaceHealth Southwest Clinic setting).
- Must maintain a current Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license in the state of practice.
- Washington caregivers who were employed as of 6/29/2014 that are licensed RCP but are not registry eligible due to the educational requirement (e.g. began working as a respiratory therapist when a 2-year degree was not required/available) will be grandfathered for this requirement.
- Must maintain RRT certification (e.g. CEU’s, etc.); exceptions for RCP’s noted above.
- Please note may obtain within 6 months of hire to obtain it, per language above under Education section allowing 6 months from date of hire to pass the RRT exam.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Must maintain all certifications, competencies and licensure as required by the department or as regulated by state or federal agencies.
- NRP certification must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- PALS certification must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Minimum of two years of experience in acute care as a Respiratory Therapist is preferred.
- Experience in ICU, Pediatrics, or Obstetrics preferred.
- CPFT or RPFT certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of electronic EMR’s and EPIC.
- Knowledge of Medgraphic equipment a plus.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
For a full description or questions, contact Purneet, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.