PeaceHealth is seeking a Dietitian Lead - Nutrition Services for a Full Time, Day position.
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus and Relocation Assistance Available
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert. This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of nutrition care, consulting with other healthcare professionals as needed.
Details of the Position:
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities; provides technical assistance; oversees staff schedules; monitors quality of work; monitors team projects; mentors staff; provides constructive feedback; oversees staff training; ensures quality improvement; provides leadership feedback on staff performance; assists with goal setting of the team.
- Competent use of the Nutrition Care Process including: nutrition assessment, identification of nutritional diagnosis, implementation of appropriate nutrition intervention, and formulation of patient specific goals, monitoring, evaluation and follow up of outcomes.
- Using evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines to provide nutrition education to patients and families in the outpatient and/or inpatient settings.
- Provides consult services to other healthcare providers and participates in the interdisciplinary team. Uses evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines
- Documents in the EMR in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations.
- When appropriate, makes referrals to other services, agencies and community resources.
- Actively contributes to Quality/Process Improvement measures within the department and throughout the hospital including planning, implementing, and evaluating programs. Performs other duties as assigned.
What Your Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree that meets ADA (American Dietetic Association) requirements.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a related setting as a Registered Dietitian required.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Current state licensure/certification as required by State.
- Registered Dietitian or registration eligible (must pass the Registration Exam within 90 days)
- Current Medicare provider status number may be required.
- Position may require valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Certified Diabetes Educator, or Certified Nutrition Support Clinician, or Board Certified Specialist in areas such as Oncology Nutrition, Renal Nutrition, Pediatric Nutrition, Sports Dietetics, or Gerontological Nutrition as applicable to work performed is required.
- Demonstrated skill in teaching adults of varying competency levels
- Must be able to design, implement, and evaluate instructional modules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with all a variety of departments and to work independently on numerous projects simultaneously
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Melissa, [email protected].
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.