PeaceHealth is seeking a Service Line Director, PHMG Operations Orthopedics for a Full Time, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for: partnering with the Medical Director and Vice President to facilitate successful accomplishment of financial, operational and quality goals; engagement of providers, managers and staff; and for creating and implementing a vision for the division which includes a culture of clinical and service excellence, continuous improvement, and compassionate care.
- Serves as a strategic and working partner with the Medical Director, Vice President and senior clinic leadership to develop and achieve division plans for financial performance, clinical quality, service excellence and patient centered priorities. Overall accountability for operational and financial performance.
- Provides input to strategic planning and implements strategic initiatives. Ensures that division plans align with PHMG strategic, financial and operational plans, and with other network initiatives. Leads and oversees implementation of medical group and division initiatives congruent with annual operating plan.
- Full employment authority for clinic managers, senior clinic managers, and special administrative positions.
- Oversees financial performance for division services and is accountable to collaborate with Medical Director and Vice President and leads timely adjustments to achieve financial goals.
- Provides mentoring, oversight, and direction for the growth, and development of division managers and supervisors. Guides department managers in the implementation of systems and processes to maintain compliance and meet regulatory standards.
- Works with lead physician’s and division managers to assist in the management of clinics and services as needed and effectively engages physician leadership in issues which affect clinic providers. A primary objective is for the Director to remove obstacles and barriers in order for the department leadership to reach their goals.
- Promoting and support process and quality improvement initiatives.
- Identifies and develops new service line(s).
- Responsible for talent development/management and succession planning.
- Builds and maintains excellent working relationships with all physicians, managers, and staff across PHMG and the network with a focus on ensuring competency, compassion, and patient-centeredness.
- Reports physician practice data to employed physicians.
- Manages compliance for PBE and/or critical access site/clinic if applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business or Healthcare Management.
- Minimum of five years of progressive responsibility in healthcare and/or Business Management leadership including Clinic Manager experience.
- Experience in process improvement methodology - certification preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a focus on team building and business management.
- Knowledge of and experience with continuous improvement techniques and methodologies.
- Demonstrated competence in financial and business planning, analysis and management.
- Understanding of strategic planning processes and methodologies.
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.