PeaceHealth is seeking a Sterile Processing Technician for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position to responsible for operating autoclaves and other equipment to clean, decontaminate and sterilize instruments and equipment, including power equipment as applicable. Also responsible for inspecting and assembling instruments, trays and packs. Hourly compensation starts at $19.61, more depending on experience.
Please note, the role requires up to 5 months of training on the day shift (either 6:45 am or 9:00 am, Monday-Friday) and after training, work variable shift.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Responsible for the coordination, assembly and distribution of supplies, equipment and instruments for surgical cases.
- Re-stocking inventory.
- Cleaning, decontaminating, disassembling and sterilizing instruments and supplies.
- Operate a variety of sterilization equipment.
- Clean and maintain department equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING (Required unless otherwise designated):
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Completion of a National Central Service Technician course and/or six months experience as a Sterile Process Technician preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) months’ experience as a Sterile Processing Technician required or three (3) month’s experience as a Veterinary Technician, Dental Technician, Surgical Support Aide, or other medical related technician role whose responsibilities included cleaning, decontaminating, and sterilizing surgical instrumentation.
- Certification from IAHCSMM, CBSPD, or other nationally recognized certifying body required within one year of hire.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications in English required.
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time with ability to push and pull carts exceeding 100 lbs. unassisted at times.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants extreme cold or heat sharp instruments or, dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Ability to stand on feet for the duration of any scheduled shift; ability to stoop and bend consistently without restrictions.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Great shift differentials
- Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- PTO with no waiting period
- Professional practice support
- Collaborative team environment
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.