PeaceHealth is seeking an Instructional Designer (Principal Trainer) . Salary range is $64,000 - $97,000, depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
** Hybrid remote position with onsite availability as needed. The Instructional Designer can work from any PeaceHealth region in OR, WA or AK. Relocation Assistance available.
The ideal candidate will have experience/interest in;
- Epic Inpatient Orders
- Personalization sessions/deliverables
- Mobile applications such as Haiku/Canto
Creates engaging learning activities and compelling course content related to the CareConnect (Epic) Electronic Health Record application suite. Consults with leaders, program managers, analysts and other training professionals on leader and caregiver training needs. Collaborates with other training, operational, and support departments in system-wide training assessments and curriculum development to achieve strategic goals and initiatives. Designs and delivers standardized system training programs aligned with operational workflows for a wide variety of audiences addressing team and individual accountabilities.
- Completes the analysis, design, development, implementation, delivery and evaluation of complex training programs using PeaceHealth training standards, processes, and templates. Measures and compares results to desired outcomes and objectives.
- Applies contemporary learning best-practices to design, develop, and maintain appropriate training materials, instructor manuals, eLearning modules, job aids, and documentation procedures using standardized tools and templates. Coordinates and organizes content library and Learning Home Dashboards.
- Completes analysis to identify caregiver performance gaps and root causes. Collaborates with operational leadership to identify and apply the appropriate intervention. Designs and delivers training interventions to increase caregiver and leader performance and effectiveness. Utilizes ROI methodology to align training programs with business strategies and objectives.
- Creates and maintains application-specific training environment build to support scenario-based learning. Partners with application analysts to add or update build as indicated by optimization bundles, system updates, and upgrades.
- Conducts in-person and remote instructor-led training demonstrating best practices in contemporary teaching strategies and learning modalities. Provides data to document attendance and validate in the Learning Management System.
- Develops, deploys, and communicates new and updated materials to credentialed trainers for use in training delivery and at-the-elbow support. Partners with super user program coordinators to communicate and share materials with super users.
- Mentors credentialed trainers to improve knowledge, classroom delivery, and instructional design skills and lead their work. Coordinates structured learning experiences for classroom or eLearning modules. Creates monitored simulations and problem-solving scenarios for effective learning.
- Develops and implements Train-the-Trainer and credentialing programs for other training roles, super users, preceptors and support services caregivers.
- Coordinates training logistics (courses, classrooms, registrations, timeframes, etc.) in collaboration with other members of the team and operational managers. Supports and coordinates large-scale implementations by promoting and providing coordination of training.
- May lead small to medium sized training projects with direction and support from supervisor or manager. Contributes to the use, improvement, and standardization of training processes and documentations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience required.
- Master’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or Performance Improvement related area preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in training, curriculum development and instructional design is required.
- Experience implementing Epic systems and developing and delivering Epic training is preferred.
- Experience with large scale technology implementation development required.
- Experience with e-learning development process and common tools, such as Adobe Captivate, preferred.
- Experience with remote instructor-led training delivery and common tools, such as Skype, preferred.
- Experience in a large or multi-campus healthcare organization preferred.
- Epic certification required within 6 months of hire date
- Epic Training Environment Build certification and experience preferred
- Epic Curriculum Development Certification / Proficiency preferred
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Technical training development, eLearning development tools, and familiarity learning management systems preferred.
- Knowledgeable in the use and application of ROI and Human Performance Technology to Learning and Development.
- Project management skills.
- Proficiency in adult learning theory, motivation, and development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with projection equipment and/or webinar technology.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time within network and system.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.