PeaceHealth is seeking a Senior Server Storage Administrator.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
** Remote position. The candidate, will live in Alaska, Washington or Oregon by start date.
The ideal candidate will have;
- Enterprise experience with data center management tools and deployment methods.
- Experience with PowerShell, Ansible, and Scripting skills is highly desired
- Red Hat experience
Responsible for the acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance of Microsoft and Linux servers and data storage environments. Position requires an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft and Linux server operating systems, Intel based hardware, data storage systems and hardware, security, and design concepts. Leads server and storage team participation on organizational projects and initiatives. Mentors other team members and provides technical expertise to support organizational requirements.
- Analyzes computing needs based on customer requirements and organizational direction. Captures and analyzes system performance data.
- Participates in establishing architectural standards for server and storage infrastructure. Responsible for maintaining the security of server and storage infrastructure in compliance with established policies and standards. Provides and maintains documented procedures ensuring appropriate server access. Provides system audit logs to facilitate auditing requirements.
- Uses capacity planning tools and trend analysis to forecast server and storage capacity requirements. Researches and recommends cost effective hardware and software solutions.
- Install and maintains all server and storage infrastructure hardware, software, and services in compliance with established architectural standards. Monitors, reports and manages performance of assigned server and storage and supports assigned applications and services as required.
- Identifies gaps in processes and services offered and recommends solutions to manager and team. Recommends cost effective strategies to address gaps, network capacity planning, and vendor management to ensure that appropriate and cost effective service contracts are in force.
- Develops and maintains procedures and standards for installation and maintenance of server and storage infrastructure.
- Troubleshoots all server and storage infrastructure issues including availability and utilization. Participates in an on call rotation for system and server and storage support.
- Trains and mentors other team members.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field; may substitute equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of Administrator experience with Microsoft and Linux Server technology and/or Data Storage technologies
- Advanced Knowledge and experience with the following:
- Cisco UCS Server systems preferred.
- Windows server security and antivirus
- Server Virtualization – VMware vSphere
- WINS, DHCP, Active Directory, DNS, FTP
- Perfmon and Event Viewer tools
- SAN fabrics, fiber switch, storage engine, solid state storage, RAID array, cache, etc.
- Pure Storage - Flasharray
- Basic Networking, Backup, and Restore
- Clinical or healthcare experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to work independently in an environment with multiple work demands and focus on detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time with some prolonged periods of sitting
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Job duties require intense concentration and attention to detail up to 30% of work time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.