PeaceHealth is seeking a RN for a .8 FTE position on the inpatient Psychiatric unit at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. Join our Behavioral health team on our 22 bed unit working 32 hours per week, 8-hour shifts, primarily evening shift with two night shifts each two week pay period.
We are offering:
About PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center:
- Relocation Assistance
- Hourly compensation starts at $41.33, more depending on experience, BSN, MSN, and specialty nursing certification
- Comprehensive benefits package that include three medical plan options to select from, dental, vision, a retirement plan with employer matching and base contributions, great Paid Time Off Accrual rates, tuition reimbursement, CE, and much more!
- 150-bed acute care community hospital with level III Trauma Center
- A mission driven healthcare system
- A hospital on the Magnet Journey
- Provides services to Cowlitz County and surrounding Oregon communities
- The area’s sole hospital with a multi-specialty Medical Group, we provide dozens of medical specialty services and programs including emergency, trauma, heart, behavioral health, bone and joint, sleep disorders, cancer, birthing and women’s services.
Located just 45 minutes North of Portland, the Longview-Kelso area offers a peaceful lifestyle and natural beauty of a family-orientated community of 60,000, with close proximity to the Pacific Ocean, Mountains, and the urban amenities of both Portland and Seattle.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing, BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- One year of experience as a registered nurse, behavioral health experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current WA State Registered Nurse licensure & AHA Provider BLS (Basic Life Support) certification
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.