PeaceHealth is seeking a Surgical Services Assistant - Operating Room for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $18.50, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Continuously exemplifies the mission, values and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in job performance and in relationships to others. This position is responsible for providing patient care and other activities as directed by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Provides patient care under the supervision of an RN:
- Provides patient care as directed by RN, including positioning, prepping, ambulating, taking of vital signs, and providing comfort measures.
- Transports/escorts patients.
- Assists in room setup, including gathering specialized equipment.
- Performs point of care testing such as bedside blood sugar
- Transports specimens
- Turns over rooms, cleans equipment and restocks supplies between patients
- Understands and applies the principles of asepsis
- Exemplifies excellent customer service and participates in performance improvement activities
- Uses good stewardship when utilizing supplies
- Promotes a safety conscious work force and maintains good housekeeping practices.
- Communicates and provides care appropriate to the age group being served.
- Participates in staff education and department meetings.
- Regularly and appropriately utilizes computer to access email and training record and completes online education.
- Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant or other patient care position such as Medical Assistant, Transporter, etc.
- Medical terminology is preferred.
- State of Washington Nursing Assistant Certification is required.
- State of Washington Health Care Assistance Certification is required within six months of employment.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers is required.
- Ability to coordinate activities and work collaboratively with others is required.
- Basic computer skill is required.
- Well organized, detailed oriented and self motivated is required.
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.