PeaceHealth is seeking a Program Coordinator Hospice Bereavement Services - Hospice for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Day position.
In addition to a competitive hourly wage, excellent benefits, PeaceHealth offers a supportive and inclusive work environment with an emphasis on life balance.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is responsible for the coordinating all aspects of the Hospice Bereavement Services Program offered to grieving families. These services are offered in a collaborative and interdisciplinary manner.
Details of the position
- Establish, coordinate and implement bereavement follow-up procedures including delivery of letters, cards, etc. to families; quarterly mailings to bereaved families; assessing bereavement support needs and triage appropriately; carry a case load of at-risk families.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate bereavement volunteers in collaboration with the Volunteer Coordinator. Train volunteers and staff in the area of bereavement and orient all new staff to bereavement protocol.
- Facilitate monthly and annual commemorative services for staff, Hospice families, and the community at large including a Hospice fundraiser.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate all community-wide bereavement support groups. Offer bereavement support community wide as time and need indicate. Market Bereavement Support Groups and other Bereavement support s.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Masters degree in Counseling or Social Work preferred or a combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job required.
- Valid driver’s license (OR) and proof of auto insurance required.
- Minimum of two years counseling, guidance or social work experience required. Experience in Hospice concept of care preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please contact Moussa Sangare at [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.