PeaceHealth Medical Group is seeking a Physician Assistant to work with our General Surgery team at the PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. Clinician will work in the hospital first assisting, rounding and discharging as well as doing outpatient clinic work. Prefer candidates with experience in surgery, and especially with breast surgery.
Centered on three rivers and the I-5 corridor, you are a short jaunt away from the Portland Metro area, driving distance from the beach, and just minutes from scenic Pacific Northwest nature. Enjoy working in a highly collegial environment with caring co-workers.
Why you’ll love the practice:
- Join 5 General Surgeons and a Physician Assistant
- General Surgery practice includes Trauma/ACS
- Davinci Xi robot
- Exceptional anesthesia support
- 5 ORs staffed on a regular basis
- Current Physician Assistant takes call for the clinic and does triage with the surgeons; no nights or weekends currently.
- Large catchment area
- Epic EMR
Why you’ll love Longview:
- Our clinicians are deeply integrated with the community and have a have a strong desire to care for their neighbors.
- Forbes magazine listed Longview as one of the prettiest towns in America due to its proximity to the Columbia River and Mount St. Helens and beautiful local parks.
- Our city is situated 45 miles north of the Portland metro area and 120 miles south of Seattle.
- Outdoor lovers will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mount St. Helens, as well the never-ending outdoor recreational options in the Pacific Northwest.
- Longview and the neighboring community of Kelso have a combined population over 57k, so you’ll skip the trip to the larger cities for your shopping and dining needs. Our area has many locally-owned specialty restaurants and shops plus national chains and a variety of grocery shopping options.
- Longview has affordable, brand-new housing below the prices of the nearby metros.
- We are the headquarters for the Cowlitz Indian Tribe which lends its name to the county.
- Longview was founded near the Columbia River which supports the thriving lumber and marine industries that still exist there today.
- Washington State has no state income tax
- PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center is a 193-bed hospital with Level III trauma center
- Recognized with a Beacon Award for critical care outcomes
- Over 250 active medical providers with most specialty services provided locally to more than 180,000 patients per year
- The service area for this community is over 100k
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage and wellness program
- Competitive compensation and paid time off
- CME reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan options
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
For more information, reach out to Kim Dianich, Sr. Provider Recruiter.
[email protected] / 360-729-1409
PeaceHealth's community of health care professionals in southwest Washington includes St. John Medical Center, a 193-bed acute-care hospital and Level III Trauma Center, and PeaceHealth Medical Group, a group of primary care and specialty physicians with clinics in the Longview area.
PeaceHealth offers outstanding Benefits!
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.